Posted on July 26, 2020 July 15, 2022
A guide for anyone who wants to try Mod Calamity! It provides a general outline of progression while being open enough to change as you see fit.
Content to hide
2 Pre-hard mode
3 hard mode
4 Post-Lord of the Moon
5 Post Yharon
7 The Abyss
8 Weapons and accessories
9 similar posts:
The bosses of the mod are the core of the progression. While the bosses in each segment of the game can be defeated in any order, I suggest following an order similar to that suggested by the Boss Checklist and Calamity Mod wiki.
- slime king
- desert scourge
- eye of cthulu
- Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulu
- Queen bee
- The Hive Mind/The Drillers
- slime god
- wall of meat
- The Twins
- Brimstone Elemental (value drops slightly for non-melee builds until Providence is dead and can be ignored until then)
- The destroyer
- water whip
- first skeleton
- mermaid and leviathan
- astrageldon slime
- star god
- Plaguebringer Goliath (Leaves a low value for melee, mage, and summoner and can be ignored)
- Duque Fishron
- Ravager (drops cores that are useful but otherwise worthless and can be ignored)
Post Lord of the Moon
- desecrated guardians
- Providence the Desecrated Goddess
- Devouring Guardian (order of guardians does not matter)
- Polterghast (Can be done before Sentinels)
- eater of gods
- Jungle Dragon, Yharon
- Ultimate Calamites (Optional Superboss. Mod is considered complete after defeating Yharon)
You get various armor throughout the game.
- Wulfrum Armor (Obtainable from the moment you spawn. Shards used in crafting are dropped by Wulfrum Slimes and Wulfrum Drones on the surface.)
- Victida Armor (Can be obtained from the moment you spawn, though it is incredibly dirty. Bars are crafted from Seashells, Starfish, and Coral along with Victory Shards. Cnidrion and Desert Scourge drop them all.)
- Aerospec Armor (Can be obtained after defeating Hive Mind or Perforators that cause ore to appear in your world.)
- Statigel Armor (Obtainable after defeating the God of Slime. Made from the purified gel dropped by the God of Slime. Serves as the final armor prior to Hardmode.)
- Daedalus Armor (Gained after Cryonic Ore spawns by defeating Cryogen. Until Cryogen is defeated, you will only have access to Vanilla Armor from Hard Mode. It is worth noting that defeating Cryogen also yields a Frost Core which allows for easy access to Frost armor, if you prefer. )
- Reaver Armor (Obtainable after defeating Plantera where the evergreen ore appears.)
- Astral Armor (Can be obtained after defeating Astrum Deus in which Astral ore becomes mineable. Easy to skip armor tier due to only being useful on mage or summoner as well as similar to Reaver armor in stats ).
- Ataxia Armor (Can be obtained after defeating Golem by mining chaotic ore from the Abyss using a pickaxe. Serves as the final set of Hardmode armor.)
Post Lord of the Moon
- Xeroc Armor (Obtained right after defeating Moon Lord. Made with Meld and Luminite bars.
- Tarragon Armor (Obtained after defeating Providence from the resulting Uelibloom ore.)
- Bloodflare Armor (Can be obtained after defeating Polterghast using Bloodstone Cores and Ruinous Souls.)
- God Slayer Armor (Obtainable after defeating the God Eater using Cosmilite Bars.)
- Silva Armor (Obtainable after defeating Yharon's first phase, which allows Darksun Shards to start dropping from Mothrons.)
- Auric Tesla Armor (Obtained after defeating Yharon, in which Auric Ore appears in the world. Serves as the final armor of the game.)
- Demonshade Armor (Can be obtained after defeating Supreme Calamites. Serves as a bonus armor set.)
The Abyss is a large biome that spawns after the dungeon on any world. It spans the entire height of a world (excluding the small part of hell at the absolute bottom) and is a source of powerful items at various points in the game. There are three main points where you need to cross the chasm.
- The first ride must be done after defeating Skeletron. At this point, you need to hunt down the shadow chests that appear on the islands throughout the Abyss. Any weapons that may be inside will last until about Cryogen.
- The second trip must be done after defeating Plantera. At this point Depth Cells and Lumenyl will start to drop from some enemies. They are used to craft some powerful weapons that will potentially last through the rest of Hard Mode.
- The final journey must be done after defeating Polterghast. This journey will take you to the absolute bottom of the Abyss, where Eidolon Wyrms, Reaper Sharks, and Colossal Squids spawn. They all drop some amazing weapons that are very strong against the God Eater and can last all the way to Yharon.
You will also go into the Abyss after defeating the Golem to collect Chaotic Minerals, however this is a minor occurrence and thus not considered one of the main points you go through the Abyss.
In addition to the three mini-bosses on the Abyss floor, the Mauler in the Sulfurous Seas above the Abyss will start to cast a powerful ranged weapon once Polterghast is defeated.
I also recommend you try crafting the Abyssal Dive Suit, as it's incredibly useful for farming Abyss items later in the game.
weapons and accessories
There are so many weapons and attachments that I simply suggest you check the Calamity Mod wiki for information on them. I'll still provide a brief overview of the main attachments, but below will be a link to each wiki page for each weapon class and a list of attachments. When sorting these pages by rarity, they will be sorted by where they can be obtained.
- Angel Treads (an upgrade to Frostspark Boots that can be crafted after defeating Mechanical Bosses).
- Seraph Tracers (An upgrade to Angel Treads that work like wings. Obtained after defeating the Lord of the Moon.)
- Elysian Tracers (An upgrade to Seraph Tracers. Further increases movement speed and also works as wings. Can be obtained after defeating Devourer of Gods.)
- Celestial Tracers (An upgrade to Elysian Tracers. Can be obtained after defeating Yharon. Exclusive to Revenge mode.)
- Counter Scarf (Gives you the ability to dash. If you take damage while dashing, you will dodge, granting temporary invincibility as well as a brief boost to all melee stats. Drops from the Eye of Cthulu. Exclusive Revenge Mode.)
- The Absorber (A powerful defensive accessory that can be obtained from a long crafting tree).
- The Sponge (A powerful defensive accessory that combines the powers of the Absorbent and the Ambrosial Blister).
- Heart of Draedon (Greatly increases health regeneration rate while stationary, as well as passively increases rage meter. Exclusive to Revenge mode.)
- Asgardian Valor (An upgrade to Ankh Shield. Grants immunity to some Calamity Mod debuffs, as well as increased health and defense.)
- Elysian Aegis (A powerful shield cast by Providence in Expert mode. Provides immunity to fire and knockback blocks, as well as additional health and defense. Grants a dash and has a toggleable buff.)
- Asgardian Aegis (An upgrade to Asgard's Valor and Elysian Aegis. Combines the effects of both and grants more defensive bonuses. Exclusive Expert Mode.)
- Astral Arcanum (Useful for mobility and fighting the God Eater. Grants immunity to the God Slayer Inferno debuff, as well as the ability to teleport to key points in your world.)
- Blood God Core (Increases maximum health by 20% and damage resistance by 10%. Halves a single hit damage on hit every 15 seconds.)
- Fellowship (Grants powerful stats that increase with each boss defeated.)
- Terraria – Calamity Mod Progression Guide
- Mordhau: Armor Guide
- Terraria: How to Get Moonlord Legs and a Corrupted Crimson World
- Terraria – Ankh Shield Crafting
- List of Meltys Quest Bestiaries
- Terraria: How to Get Fruits of Life (Easy Tips)