Starcraft Mass Recovery v8.0.1
karlprojektorinski(Video) StarCraft: Mass Recall - (StarCraft 1 in SC2!) - Part 1
March 20, 2021
StarCraft: Mass Recall v8 - Anniversary Edition
- Artanis and Tassadar no longer have health regeneration.
- Fixed missing Queen of Blades and Cerebrate retro-themed portraits for Zerg03, various Enslavers Redux maps
- Fixed broken quest links for later Enslavers Redux maps in the launcher
- Custom UI selection in launcher options can now be localized
- Fixed an issue where killing Raynor would not result in a defeat.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in a black mission start screen when selecting SCMR style interludes
- Restored missing loading screen
- Fixed an issue where killing Kerrigan would not result in a defeat.
- Removed the original Dark Archon unit.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in victory before the Battlecruiser battle ended.
- Fixed an issue with additional heroes where Kerrigan's Whirlpool would result in a loss.
- Several missing images of SC:R-style interludes have been restored.
- Restored missing images for Kerrigan's Evolution UI
- Fixed a UI issue with Kerrigan's biomass limit.
- various arrangements
- Fixed an issue where Protoss units would become uncontrollable upon entering the Terran Base.
- Fixed an issue where the game could load the wrong quest branch after the quest.
- New Option: Hero Dog Tags – includes clear health bars on hero units
- New Option: Extra Dialogue – Included extra dialogue that was removed from the original game can now be disabled
- New Option: Burning Remnants – Occasionally creates temporary visual effects when buildings or vehicles are destroyed
- New Option: Enlarged Micromap Camera – The slightly enlarged camera in setup missions can now be set to default
- New Option: Hide Number of Unit Kills if Zero – Hide the number of unit kills from units until they have at least one kill
- New Option: Extra Hero Banter – Disables the extra dialogue that comes with additional hero spawns (NOTE to translators: see the log on SCMRlocal-Triggers to learn how to permanently disable them for your localization)
- New Option: Install Third Person Mode of the Map – The option to play T04 and Z05 in third person perspective is now in the menu instead of a prompt when starting the map
- Updated the Dark Swarm ability to better mimic its original behavior by allowing area damage to pass through it.
- Spider Mines have been updated to more closely mimic their original behavior, activating but not directly revealing covert units.
- Updated beetle pathfinding to prevent them from going up and down ledges
- Updated the recall ability to more closely emulate the original behavior by allowing other player controlled race units to be removed as well.
- Updated the Hallucination ability to more closely mimic its original behavior, allowing it to be used on additional eligible targets, and adding a unique Hallucination death animation.
- Firebat attack range changed from 2 to 1.5 (Note: this can be considered a slight buff as area of effect is more likely to hit multiples when attacking at max range)
Game bug fixes
- Fixed incorrect AI script for building Beetles and Interceptors resulting in waves of idling enemy attacks.
- Fixed an issue with AI attacks where units dropped from transports would be inactive.
- Fixed several incorrect player name tags and faction assignments.
- Fixed Dark Swarm so that its effects are correctly applied to all units below it.
- Fixed missing cancel button on Nexus command card
- Fixed missing red dot indicator for incoming enemy nuke
- Fixed an issue where Gantrithor could build more than 8 interceptors
- Fixed issues with retro science ship selection.
- Fixed an issue where certain maps would not load when the original cinematics were disabled.
- Fixed Tassadar's Psionic Storm so that damage no longer stacks with High Templar's Psionic Storm.
- Fixed an issue where “Episode 1: Rebel Yell” mission progress would not save past a certain point if the “Hidden Missions” option was disabled
other bug fixes
- Fixed lighting issue on maps after interludes in SC: Remastered
- Fixed Battlecruiser ground attack projectile speed to match anti-air attack
- Fixed an issue with Blighted Duran's portrait that could cause it to stay on screen under certain circumstances.
- Fixed Queen's Spawn Broodling tooltip
- Fixed High Templar hallucination tooltip.
- Fixed the tooltip for Artanis' additional ability, Afterburner
- Fixed display of Duke's Revenge weapon UI and attack properties
- The "cwal operation" cheat now more accurately mimics its original behavior in general.
Audio and visual changes and fixes
- Updated selection of retro models with many unit and building model updates.
- Many faction custom models have been updated, especially for Sons of Korhal, Khalai & Nerazim Protoss, Renegade Zerg
- Many icons and wireframes have been updated.
- Fixed and updated various unit attack and kill animations.
- Fixed an issue that caused double death sound effects on certain units.
- Added non-ragdoll deaths for players on low graphics settings
- Updated the behavior of ragdoll corpses to take longer to decompose.
- Fixed blurry portrait of Aldaris in-game.
- Fixed Retro Ultralis animation issues.
- Fixed Medic optical flash sound effect
- Fixed animation issues with Hydralisk to Lurker morph
- Fixed Retro Hydralisk attack sounds
- Updated lighting for many character portraits.
- Updated Raynor's rifle attack to use the classic sound effect when activated
- Fixed inverted sound effects for siege/siege abilities of siege tanks.
- Fixed various inconsistencies when using faction or retro custom models
- Other various fixes
User interface and various changes.
- Updated tech trees in the in-game help menu
- All unit ranks have been updated to fixed unit specific ranks. Terran unit ranks are the same as in the original StarCraft.
- Track up-to-date statistics
- Updated sounds played when units are salvaged to better emulate the original StarCraft.
- Updated/fixed SCV structure icon on command card
- SC:R interludes can now also be clicked
- SCMRassets reorganized and cleaned up, image file formats changed for better compression
- Fixed Arbiter's Lore blurb in Codex and on mouse over of its wireframe.
- Fixed an issue where some naval subtitles were incorrectly labeled as Adjutant.
- Many other miscellaneous changes
SCMR Launcher Changes
- Brutal difficulty renamed Endgame. This difficulty is now unlocked separately through the options menu to avoid any confusion or comparison with StarCraft 2's Brutal difficulty.
- Campaigns are now locked by default until previous episodes are completed. Campaigns can also be activated through options.
- "Overmind Zerg" and "Khalai Protoss" custom faction model options changed to "Jormungand Brood" and "Fleet of the Executor" respectively, updated faction definitions
- Changed Weather Effects option from a slider to a toggle, adjusted the number of maps with weather effects.
- The two static launcher background options are now animated
- Fixed the font of the planetary codex entry to fit correctly in the codex window.
- Units displayed in the Codex now show their icons instead of unit models; The icons correspond to the configuration of the retro model.
options menu updated with new options
- Other minor UI optimizations
- design updates. Most of the maps contain subtle to moderate design changes to more closely resemble the original maps. In most cases, this means slightly expanded map boundaries and/or more space around bases. Most of these changes are subtle, but there are some cards with significant changes.
- Cosmetic updates. Most maps contain subtle to moderate cosmetic changes related to terrain and/or lighting. The main focus here, combined with the design changes, is to make the maps look less cluttered with a sharper aesthetic while maintaining and sometimes increasing the level of detail.
- Scene updates. Most maps feature subtle to moderate scene changes, which may include new camera angles, field of view changes, minor pacing adjustments, and small additional details.
- Updated the results screens to fix an issue where factions were occasionally missing in certain circumstances.
- Adjustments to endgame difficulty, particularly in Episode 4
- Removed Dark Templar's ability to fuse with Dark Archons before the appropriate quest (Episode 4).
- Fixed some issues where ambient sounds on a map could play in briefings, victory screens, and cutscenes.
- Various cosmetic changes
- Fixed teleporter that has the ability to teleport units to the roof
- Alpha Squadron no longer uses Sons of Korhal models when faction models are enabled
- A rich vespene geyser has been replaced with a proper vespene geyser
- Removed units that could interfere with the final film.
- Fixed a path issue that was blocking a path on the left side of the map
- Raynor and Fenix can no longer be carried through the Warp Gate
- Fixed an issue where starting Reavers would not have Scarabs if the intro cinematic was skipped.
- The score screen at the end of the mission now lists all players.
- When Extra Heroes is enabled and the Infested Kerrigan is in the friendly Zerg Base, her Consume ability now works on her own Zerg ground units.
- Fixed loading screen text
- Fixed an exploit where a Zerg unit's mind control would work regardless of the distance between the Dark Archon and the target unit.
- Probes now work even if the intro scene is skipped
- Removed the ability to train medics and research their Academy upgrades.
- Fixed SC:R interlude intro text not aligning in the correct window.
- Fixed an issue where the player could briefly see the playable map when the option to not play the original cutscenes was disabled.
- Like its sister map, Duran now appears on this map when the Extra Heroic Skins option is enabled.
- Updated Warp Gate death animation
- Fixed a critical issue that caused the game to crash during Stukov's cutscene.
- Updated Aleksander's models so that the additional hero unit in the game and the model used in the movie are now identical.
- Fixed a path issue that left a shortcut to the main UED base
- Fixed an issue that caused certain AI timers to start running during the briefing.
- Fixed an issue with a specific mineral field in the main base causing drones to fail.
- Fixed death sounds and animations for Elite Guard and Pirate Ghosts.
- Fixed continuous alarm sound on score screen.
- Fixed Confederate forces using skins intended for the Sons of Korhal.
- Fixed units being able to climb through objects to get to high ground.
- Fixed Kimera showing Raynor's portrait and the caption "Raynor's Raiders Flagship".
- Fixed missing Stukov in the final scene.
- Fixed the defeat trigger not activating when Stukov died.
- Fixed an issue where Eschueta could never die.
- Fixed Minos weapon description.
- Fixed the description of the Dragon of Malice weapon.
- Fixed Skullder Unit 004 weapon description.
- Corrected Heiburg unit description
- Fixed Meserole HP mismatching when buried or unburied
- Fixed Caustic Spray tooltip
- Fixed Eschueta unit descriptions not matching when buried or not.
- Fixed El Kang Defense Matrix tooltip.
- Fixed broken info screen (#410)
- Fixed incorrect custom models.
- Fixed dialog typo
- Fixed missing mouse pointer
- Units killed by Plasma Defense now have fire kill effects
- Fixed issue where Stukov's human portrait would not display
- Fixed Moebius Marine's death animation.
Enslavers Redux Map Updates:
(rufe year628w, calamarand others for clearly reporting many bugs)
- The Sentinel bonus unit in Episode 2 has been slightly modified to fit a pure "Medic" role. He no longer has a weapon to attack, but always has the Shield Charge ability. The Guardian Shield and Force Field abilities also remain.
- Retro models (if selected from the launcher) were removed from Episode 4 missions because they take place in close proximity to Wings of Liberty and because their armies contain a mix of SC1 and SC2 technology.
- Returns/fixes an issue with the Warbringer hero unit getting +2 armor per ground armor buff instead of +1 (#418)
- Fixed various issues with portraits in missions displaying incorrectly or showing random SC2 captions. (#404)
- Adjusted how upgrades and bonuses found through multiple matches interact without clearing the data. If you completed an episode and replayed mission 1, that mission, 2 and 3 can give you full A/B bonuses depending on which one you completed last. Starting with Mission 4, each new route ONLY allows you to use the bonuses from that route. The epilogue missions also act as missions 1-3 and grant you the bonuses of playing through your last completed path. If you want a fair game, please use Enslavers Redux Launcher and click the "Reset data" button. (#399)
- Fixed an issue with the build time at the Black Market site in some Terran Missions (#398)
- Diamondback's attack power has been changed to 20 basic, 30 medium armor, and 40 large armor with an attack range of 6. Red Snake Elite's base attack power is 25, 40 medium armor, and 50 armor large with an attack range of 7. (#397)
- Updated story "Dragon Knight/Immortal Prototype" created (#396)
- Fixed some bugs with double unit production in various Episode 1 missions (#395)
- Updated Magellan's description to better match his updated build from a previous update (#394)
- Warbringer changed to always use hardened shields and regenerative shells. Helmet regenerative life per second increased to 2 HP/sec. reduced.
- Fixed an issue where the Commander's "Rangefinder Oculus" would not grant sight and weapon bonuses (#371)
- Fixes an issue where Zeratul's stealth buff, which negates 20% damage, would not trigger. (#433)
- Fixes an issue where Spectral Sight would not activate when leveling up. (#439)
- Fixed several cases where biomass could not be harvested in Episode 3.
- Fixes inconsistencies during Episode 3 when training Brood Queens, Queens, and Defilers from their Hatchery/Hideout/Hive. (#487)
- Fixed countless minor bug fixes that were reported in various missions.
- Fixed an issue where the Wild Hunter achievement would not trigger due to a rare bug where a lone Hydralisk would gain the unsettling ability to cloak and the achievement would also need to trigger against Northern Primal Zerg as well as Zerg orange primaries (#400)
- Prevented an exploit that allows you to place an explosive charge on invulnerable doors that you can only pass through in certain parts of the mission (#368)
- Fixed an issue with the Iron Curtain achievement not triggering upon the arrival of Omega Squad, as long as you have achieved it. (#400)
- Fixed an issue with the Hide and Seek achievement not triggering if four groups of Protoss were rescued within 5 minutes. (#400)
- Fixed an issue with the Command and Conquer achievement not triggering if all three enemy Command Centers were destroyed. (#400)
- Fixed an issue that resulted in Marines being unable to access Stimpacks (#372)
- Fixed an issue with the Brute Force achievement not failing if you destroyed more than 1 shield generator. (#400)
- Increased water height to prevent air units from swimming and going underwater. Also added some additional path blockers for tall objects like statues and towers. (#375)
- Fixed various issues related to Warfield, including a bug when using his Rocket Pods ability. (#387)
- The Vespen Geyser has moved south of the Commander's Mineral Field. (#440)
- If you rescue the Commander and have previously completed Episode 1 in canon A, when the Terrans join you they now have their own supply queue, giving you a 400 max army. (#442)
- Changed the conditions for the "Executive Order" achievement. Reduced the number of kills from 150 to 100 as this can only be triggered through Selendis' Purifying Ray ability, not her normal interceptors/kills (#450)
- Fixed an issue that prevented DropShips from stealing the crystal (#452)
- Fixed an issue where victory or defeat screens would not display (#413)
- Now always gives you a supply cap of 200 once you find Schazar, regardless of how many pylons you've crafted (#504)
- Fixed an issue in the final scene that prevented the Templar who set up Warp Relay from escaping with their friends, resulting in an unintended execution by the Zerg (#415)
- Fixed an issue when Kerrigan's Zerg reached the relay in Act 3 that would not destroy it, resulting in defeat as expected (#470)
- Fixed an issue where the Infestor was unable to move at the start of the mission (#417)
- Fixed an issue that resulted in gameplay crashing during a cutscene.
- Fixed an exploit bug that allowed you to gain an infinite amount of biomass and psi when riding Stewart's Mutalisk.
- Fixed biomass pickups to use the correct model and function.
- Fixed missing Izsha/Abathur portraits in-game.
- To mitigate some tight crunch between the last % and final jab, Ulrezaj's final enemy jab and tracking have been increased by 50 actual seconds, leaving 100 actual seconds to defend. (Actual seconds to game seconds may vary depending on game speed.)
- Weather shield generator lifespan and shields have been increased by 500 for the same reason as above.
- Added a few extra check measures to ensure Ulrezaj will fall back if he strays too far down the road. Up to 4 checks will be made depending on the final remaining percentage. This can happen when the enemy AI stimulates him too much and he goes hunting.
- Removed the ability to escape through a deep tunnel during the boss fight with Duran.
- Duran's forms can now detect Kerrigan trying to bury herself during the boss fight. However, if you are fast enough, there is a chance that you can jump and hide to recover your health. For now, stick with this strategy unless it's too easy to outrun when active.
- Fixed the issue where final cutscene decorations would spawn too early, causing the fight to pause.
- Fixed some missing portraits.
- Adjusted which units you can and cannot build in "Phase 2" of the mission - since this takes place right before the start of Wings of Liberty and Eredas is from Shakuras, his build will be mostly SC2 units/buildings with some SC1 subtle influences. For this purpose, Gateways have access to Zealots, Stalkers, Sentinels, High/Dark Templars by default. Dragons are not available. Only High Templars can merge with Archons. There are no Dark Archons. By default, robotic installations have access to Warp Prisms, Observers, Immortals, and Colossi, but not Shuttles or Reavers. Stargate has access to Phoenix, Void Rays, and Carriers by default, along with Scouts and Corsairs, but not Arbiters. The upgrades consist of a mix of SC1 and SC2. Shield batteries will be available. Your choice of Nerazim Batteries or Khaydarin Monoliths remains here for whatever you chose in Episode 2.
7.3.1 Change log:
- Fixed an issue where Episode 5 "The Iron Fist" could not be launched from the Campaign Launcher.
- Fixed Sons of Korhal Firebat death animation
- Fixed an issue where the loading screen would not display mission titles when starting a campaign.
- Enemy player/faction names are now displayed again when hovering over player units.
- All retro models created by Blizzard have been reset to use their corresponding static 2D retro/remastered portraits. These include SCV, Drone, Probe, Marine, Hydralisk, Zealot, Battlecruiser, Ultralisk, and Carrier. Any other non-Blizzard created retro portraits/entities used are fan-made not yet created by Blizzard. Once available, they can be reverted to the version created by Blizzard.
- Retro helper portrait updated to a fresh look (Credit: Omaking)
- Added a new faction model for Scourge for the "Overmind" faction.
- Added a new faction model for dropship for the "UED" faction
- Fixed an issue where player names would display incorrectly on various maps due to a mod mismatch issue.
- Fixed an issue with the Defiler's "death" sound, which can be heard on the map even when not looking directly.
- Fixed an issue with the Nerazim Pylon warning image
- Various other minor fixes
SCMR local English
- Also fixed some dialogue in various missions titled "Helping" instead of the correct speaker like Marine or Kerrigan.
- Added the "AmonFinalTaunt" sound now called by the local mod to the end of ZergX10. This is mainly to help other language local mods to translate this bonus line
the campaign begins
- Fixed an issue where some missions would not load the correct map via the extras section.
- Fixed an issue with Codex info here on some units.
- Fixed an issue where if you skip the opening cutscene, your starting SCVs and probes would be in the wrong place
- Phoenix's additional bonus hero skin has been moved to Raynor's base as originally intended. That means you have 2 heroes in the Terran base and 2 heroes in the Protoss base.
- Fixed an issue where introductory Battlecruisers would accidentally die too early on first hit, causing the trigger to send reinforcements so they would never fire.
- Fixed an issue where the map would not load correctly
- The "Cardis" boss has been replaced with a powerful new weapon that fixes missing a weapon before you fire and gives you something new to attack.
- Most of the mercenary heroes have been updated with unique models, portraits, and voices instead of recycling old existing heroes like the original did. Other than that, all stats and abilities are identical to the original "Mercenaries" build, unless you decide to use special abilities. When this happens, your hero and your super unit gain a new ability.
- As in the original, your starting units now have default weapon/armor upgrades. However, these are ranked based on difficulty. Light/Medium = Level 3 (same as original). Heavy = Level 2. Brutal = Level 1.
- Commander, Zeratul and Kerrigan's ability options have been updated on all maps after Mission 3, where they only have access to canon A or B abilities. If cheats are used to activate them all, they are still limited to canon A or B. If missions 1-3 and the epilogue missions use cheats to acquire them all, the game will still check which canon story from plot A or B you took and if there's nothing there (assuming you haven't reached the end of the story yet). the mission 3) the A-canon skills are used by default.
- Fixed informational portrait model loading issues for Abathur, Zagara, and Izsha
- Magellan's hero has been redesigned. Removed auto defense and nano repair turret. Keep the 3 default science ship abilities in place; Defense Matrix, Irradiation and EMP. However, they all cost drastically less energy, allowing for better use in defensive combat or troop disruption. Additionally, Magellan's unique ability is self-repair, which restores him to full over time, but disables it while he heals.
- Fixed an issue with ENS_Terran04a when the Commander discovers that his jetpack upgrade is not working.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Yamato Gun from applying the Battlecruiser upgrade when researching on ENS_Terran04b
- Fixed some miscellaneous compatibility issues in ENS_Terran05b and ENS_Terran06b that could cause random unintended effects like bad builds, duplicate updates, bad drives, etc.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong model/unit was used for Mojo in ENS_Terran06a. This resulted in that unit being unable to attack
- Fixed an issue on ENS_Zerg01 where Zagara's evolution camera upgrades would apply twice in some situations.
- Added the small bio-armor type to Banelings. This fixes an issue with Brood War's damage attacks not working correctly against Baneling.
- Fixed an issue on ENS_Protoss06A/B where the northern ramps were too close to the edge of the map, preventing you from getting there.
- Fixed an issue in ENS_Protoss06A/B where Ulrezaj might not be included in future waves of AI attacks.
- Fixed an issue in ENS_Protoss03 where you could not collect the Khaydarin crystal and complete the "A" cannon path.
- Removed the ability to spawn a Brutalisk from an Ultralisk's mind control on Zeratul (sadly, that's only in Episode 3!)
- Fixed an issue where Zeratul's passive, Spectral Sight, would be temporarily disabled upon leveling up, due to a dummy "damage" effect whenever hit.
- Fixed an issue where biomass pickups would not display the +20 biomass tag
- Fixed an issue on ENS_Zerg03 where Stewart and/or Zagara were unable to pick up additional psi or biomass for Kerrigan's next mission.
7.2.1 Change log:
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when activating retro models and building a terran command center. To be clear, no retro model is used for the Command Center at this time. The current one has bugs
- Fixed an issue where non-Starcraft/Brood War music would play during missions even if you had the switch set to play only retro music.
- Fixed two issues with the energy upgrades for Dark Archon and Queen preventing their respective upgrades from taking effect. Now correctly added +50 energy and +12.5 base energy on creation.
- The Zerg Devourer now has unique faction models for both the Overmind faction (more web-like) and the Renegade faction (sharp wings).
- Hydralisk and Ultralisk portraits use a SC2 version of their retro models when selecting retro models for them instead of the fixed 2D retro portrait used for drones/scvs/probes. (To be clear, we'll always choose a high-quality SC2 version of a retro portrait as long as it does the unit justice. Blizzard has released remastered 2D versions that have been used in the meantime.)
- Various other minor bug fixes
7.2 Change log:
- There is now a new SCMR Launcher option to change console skins. This will change the skin model of your command bar console below when playing missions. By default, this is set to the specific SC2 standard stroke. You can also choose to use race-specific retro SC1/SC:R skins or faction race-specific skins, which means that during missions and similarly, this will match the faction/build model skins chosen (another option in the images). Similar to unit/building faction skins, you can change mid-episode during the campaign as the story progresses and your allegiance changes. If you select the Factions option, your consoles will change according to this pattern:
- Episode 1, Mission < 3 = Terran remastered (under Confederacy)
- Episode 1, Mission > 4 = Mechanized (Unter Sons of Korhal)
- Episode 2, All Missions = Evolutionucionado (Under Overmind)
- Episode 3, Mission < 4 = Cleaner (while sleeping)
- Episode 3, Mission > 5 = Remastered Protoss (under Tassadar)
- Episode 4, All Quests = Nerazim (Lower Nerazim)
- Episode 5, All Missions = Special Forces (under UED)
- Episode 6, All Quests = Primal (Lower Kerrigan)
- Also, you can select ANY SC2 console skin according to your playable race in any mission by entering these three new cheat commands:
- Tune Up – Change through the Terran console skins. Must play as Terran.
- Evolve – Cycle through Zerg console skins. Must play as Zerg.
- Forge – Toggles between Protoss console skins. Must play as Protoss.
- Added a variety of new models and icons for units and buildings when the Nerazim faction is activated.
- The Comsat Station now has an updated model more closely resembling SC:R
- Nuclear Silo now has the correct plugins and does not show any activity when unplugged (active shows steam/lights/etc.)
- Marine, Hydralisk, Zealot, Ultralisk, and Battlecruiser now have updated retro model options to choose from, along with their original SC:R portraits.
- Aldaris has an updated portrait that is more similar to his SC:R portrait.
- Zerg Queen unit now has an updated unique portrait
- The Terran Factory, Ghost and Goliath have updated retro models
- The Terran Science Vessel now has a slightly modified model design when its retro model is selected in the launcher to be more SC:R-like.
- The retro Terran Siege Tank portrait has been modified to use a normal Siege Tank portrait with an SC:R twist for higher quality.
- Updated model/portrait of the SOK Wraith faction
- The UED faction now has access to a custom Wraith model/portrait.
- Edmund Duke as tank hero has updated unit model
- Updated the Firebat UED faction skin. It also fixes the issue with the flame attack animation in this version.
- Samir Duran now has two updated unit models and portraits that can be seen in both Episode 5 and Episode 6.
- The Arbiter Tribunal now has a proper warp-in animation
- Updated Perdition Turret UI description
- Fixed several hero static Dark Templar units in Episode 3 using their BW voices when selected in options along with standard Gateway Built DT units
- Fixed an issue with the Operation Cwal cheat where allied players would not receive the speed bonus.
- Added space for 15 language changes per race and 15 model changes per race to switch between SC2/BW voices/models.
- The "Kakaru" creature now has its correct voice when clicked or killed.
- Fixed an issue with Raynor's hero description in his Vulture and/or Marine versions in any mission after his departure from the Sons of Korhal.
- Fixed an issue where selecting Retro Zerg Alerts would cause multiple Zerg Alerts to switch between SC2 and SC1 versions
- Fixed an issue where if Queens infested an enemy Command Center, the newly infested Command Center would revert to the enemy.
- Various other fixes reported
- Fixed an issue in traditional mode where entering teleport zones would cause all units on the map to warp together; in this mode it should be a 1 to 1 warp.
- Fixed the dropship model in the final scene.
- Fixed speaker name of a line spoken by a Marine
- Fixed an issue in traditional mode where entering teleport zones would cause all units on the map to warp together; in this mode it should be a 1 to 1 warp.
- Fixed an issue where the Hero Damage Alert option would not work in traditional mode (it remains disabled in FPS mode).
- Fixed an issue where the Fenix portrait would not load during streaming
- Fixed an issue with Mind Control where if you were piloting a drone, you would not automatically get a new 200 supply queue like in Brood War. (In SC2, Mind Control simply adds any unit to its current supply.) This additional bonus now works as it should, for this mission only.
- Added a failsafe AI trigger when an enemy gets relatively close to the Xel'naga temple area after the countdown has started, it will change their attack orders to the temple location itself. However, the AI will still attack any unit or building on its path from its current position to the Temple position first.
- Correctly added reinforcements up to 4 times (once per area) as you lose dropship pilots and DuGalle gets mad at you
- Added a condition if you lose ALL pilots and don't acquire Battlecruisers that you don't see the scene with Duke and you fail the mission.
- Fixed a typo in the Overmind unit description.
- Fixed a typo in unit names and descriptions on some wacky "garrison" buildings.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't see the playable map or have units to control if you skipped the opening sequence.
7.1.1 Change log:
- Fixed an issue with incorrect Loomings quest links in the launcher
- Enslaver's Redux campaign launcher link is now working
- Queen Upgrade 'Gamete Meiosis' is now functional
- Dark Archon upgrade "Argus Talisman" is now functional
- Changed the Sons of Korhal Firebat kill model to a standard explosive Firebat.
Assign specific changes
- ilegal dark archon morph
- Cardis the Destroyed now has a working attack/weapon.
- Malice Dragon supply cost reduced from 4 to 2, same as a regular Dragon
- Fixed an issue where the Protoss squad could not be controlled if the intro was skipped.
- Episodes 4-6 + additional episode "Loomings" updated to be compatible with mod version 7.x
- Includes the new 5-mission bonus campaign "Stukov Series" from OmegaWeaponX85! The series includes two original maps + three Brood War remakes with additional dialogue and cutscenes.
- Additional music used throughout the mod is now optional.
- New custom model options: Archon, Science Ship, Infested Terran Portrait
- Fixed an issue where friendly science ships would turn the D-Matrix into enemies.
- Fixed an issue where infesting a command center would leave the structure under AI control
- Fixed an issue where the Hyperion would not automatically target enemies while the Overcharge ability was active
- Fixed an issue that resulted in allied players having unlimited supplies on certain maps.
- Fixed a potential issue where the AI would start building additional defense units intended only for the Brutal difficulty setting on other difficulties.
- Nuclear Strike damage radius increased from 6 to 8
- Hide/Hive transformation times increased from 60/60 seconds to 88/106 seconds
- Hyperion Overload self damage per second (buff) reduced from 3 to 2.5
- Minor optimization of card initialization script
- The label showing the number of miners in a base now counts minerals in a larger radius
- Added random reaction times before AI uses abilities, up to 1.5 seconds
- Other miscellaneous optimizations
Assign specific changes
- Raynor's death (with additional heroic appearances enabled) now results in a defeat.
- Kerrigan's Implosion ability has been disabled.
- Kerrigan is now on the map when additional hero skins are activated.
- Fenix's portrait now appears correctly in the summary.
- Updated objectives when additional hero skins are enabled
Local SCMR mode
- Added several new texts to support the updated SCMR and Cinematic mods.
SCMR kinematic mod
- All SC1 Original and SC1 Brood War cinematic videos in the game have been replaced to use their high quality SCR 30FPS versions
- Added all new SCR story interludes that appear as in-game videos before certain mission briefings.
- Added two additional cutscenes from the SC2 version, 1 at the end of Terran09B (City Tile version only) and 1 at the end of Enslaver Redux Epilogue03.
- Added all new high quality Terran/Zerg/Protoss informational images, informational animations, victory screens, defeat screens, and loading screens from Starcraft: Remastered (SCR).
- Added the ability to display the new "story" SCR interludes found before briefings in certain missions. By default, this feature is enabled, but it can be disabled in the SCMR Launcher and instead revert to the original "black" text-only screen found in the original Starcraft.
- Added a new single player difficulty to choose from in the campaigns;Brutal. As with other difficulties, this can be toggled via the launcher or by map during briefings. Be careful; The brutal difficulty is not for the faint of heart! Waves of enemy attacks will be relentless against you, and you'll have to deal with regular enemy spawns off the map on a quest for your complete destruction. Only seasoned Starcraft 2 veterans are encouraged to try this challenging new difficulty level!
- All building, weapon, and ability sounds are now default in their Brood War builds. To go back to the standard SC2 versions, these can be toggled in the SCMR launcher in the Game menu.
- Added weather effects to various missions in all campaigns (rain, wind, ash, snow, etc.). These effects require at least medium video settings to be applied. To disable these weather effects completely, you can disable the option in the Visuals section of the options menu in SCMR Launcher.
- Fixed some classic unit voiceovers not applying when enabled in SCMR Launcher in the Voices section of the Options menu.
- A new category of options called "Faction Models" has been added to the Visuals menu. There are 2 factions per race that can be activated, such as the UED Terrans, the Renegade Zerg, and/or the Nerazim Protoss. When enabled, any player using these factions on certain maps will have many of their unit and/or building models swapped with unique, custom Blizzard-quality model variation versions associated with that faction. (NOTE: When factions are activated, certain "retro" models will not appear for those faction players even if they are activated. Faction model trades take precedence. There are no "faction retro" model trades.)
- A new menu called "Models" has been added to the SCMR Launcher. This grants the ability to exchange units, portraits and/or building models for custom models inspired by Brood War and created by the SC2 Mapster community. (NOTE: When factions are activated, certain "retro" models will not appear for those faction players even if they are activated. Faction model trades take precedence. There are no "faction retro" model trades.)
- A new option called Static Reports is available in the Interface menu. This creates a small static distortion of unit portraits during briefings to reflect the effect seen during briefings in Starcraft: Remastered. However, this is disabled by default.
- A variety of new AI scripts have been added to improve gameplay against the computer during single player campaigns. The AI will send you attack waves with random amounts of enemy units, and specific combinations of enemy units will also be randomized. These have been scaled to difficulty, with more randomness favoring enemies when the difficulty is higher. Most repeat missions will have similar but never identical enemy waves against you!
- Added additional "Bonus Hero Abilities" for each hero unit you control when this option is selected in the launcher. Each acquired ability has been carefully selected to provide a unique benefit to that hero and within the mission(s) it is used on. The full list of abilities is as follows:
- Raynor (Vulture): Raynor Spider Mines (can build unlimited Spider Mines, but has low resource cost, cooldown and can only place 3 at a time).
- Raynor (Navy): Toss Frag Grenade (3 charges at start, more can be found in Terran04. Deals moderate damage to enemies in an area)
- Raynor (Hyperion): Overload (Activate to greatly increase attack speed at the cost of damage per second. Can be toggled on and off at will)
- Kerrigan (Ghost) - Snipe (Deals high damage to ranged organics)
- Kerrigan (Infested) – Implosion (Lifts up a target mechanical unit and deals high damage. Also gains a ranged psi attack (with reduced damage compared to normal ground claws) that can only be used against air units.)
- Duke (Norad II/III) – Missile Pods (Deals small to medium damage to all enemy air units in an area)
- Duke (Tank) – Javelin Missile (Deals small damage to a ground target area. All units in the area are slowed briefly)
- Fenix (zealot) – attack (binds with an enemy unit at high speed)
- Phoenix (Dragoon) - Overload (quickly restores all shields at the cost of 20 health)
- Tassadar (High Templar) - Feedback (Deals damage based on the enemy's current energy pool)
- Tassadar (Gantrithor) - Cleansing Beam (Deals periodic large damage to a single enemy target and also deals splash damage to nearby enemies. The Gantrithor takes shield damage while the beam is active. When shields run low, the beam is canceled automatically).
- Zeratul (Dark Templar) – Blink (Instantly teleports to a nearby area)
- Artanis (Scout) - Afterburners (Doubles movement speed for a short time)
- Duran (Spirit) – Stim Infusion (Increases movement/attack speed by 50% and also heals.
- Duran (Infested) – Corrosive Lightning (Deals minor damage to a single enemy target. After that, the victim takes increased damage for a short time.)
- New in-game models for Norad II and Norad III
- New in-game model for Dragoon Fenix
- New in-game model for Artanis' Scout
- New portrait model for Aldaris (and then all Protoss buildings by default early in Episode III and through Protoss multiplayer).
- New portrait model for Tassadar
- New in-game model for Tassadar as a High Templar and aboard Gantrithor
- New in-game portrait and model for Raszagal
- New portrait model for the Valkyrie
- New Portrait Model for DropShip
- Dragoon and Shield batteries now default to their SC2 LOTV model version. To go back to your more classic SC1 version, check the corresponding nameplate in the SCMR Launcher menu under Options>Models.
- Added new colored crystal models for Khalis and Uraj to better match the Brood War design.
- Various updated terrain elements have been added to almost all missions.
- Raynor's default portrait has been updated to use a "shaved" portrait similar to his SC1 version. Generally, it will appear as a portrait in its non-naval version ("Commander"). Raynor Vulture and Raynor Hyperion now use this portrait as he would not wear a naval combat suit on his Vulture or aboard the Hyperion. If he is a Marine in various missions and situations, his portrait will still reflect his Marine attire.
- Added a new "Cheat" command called "Remix" which plays a secret Terran remastered soundtrack when inside the Terran campaign. When inside the Zerg or Protoss campaigns, unique Zerg and Protoss soundtracks will play. Additionally, the following commands will play a secret track for the particular race you are playing: Terran - "Lost Viking". Zerg - "Zerg without a radio." Protoss "by air". After completing a secret track, normal music resumes. If the user enters the same command again, the track will end prematurely.
- Added all original SC1 cheat commands such as B. "The Gathering". Re-entering any cheat command will undo that cheat. A full list of SCMR accepted cheat codes can be found on SC2Mapster on the SCMR page.
- Added other new cheats (exclusive to SCMR) such as "what is dead will never die" and "for the Horde". The former prevents any hero you control within the mission from being immune to death, while the latter instantly summons 4 cranky Tauren Marines to the closest unit you own based on your current camera view when you enter the code. (See the "Cheat Codes" page on SC2Mapster under Bulk Recovery for more information on all codes.)
- The Infested Command Center now uses a proper Infestation model that has Zerg creepers.
- Stasis Field now uses your updated LOTV stasis model
- Parasite has a new model at launch and a parasite "eye" appears on the affected unit
- Mind control has a new spell effect when used on the victim
- There is an additional visual effect for the plague when cast on enemies in classic red Goo. Units will be infested with flies, as well as zerg-like tendrils attached to them.
- Music will now load on every map release, each one different for each map, tailored to the race/faction you are playing. Turn up the volume!
- Fixed small/default summary text issue. Now uses the correct Terrans/Zerg/Protoss, per respected campaign, unique colors, and in a larger size that is readable.
- Fixed Hydralisk->Lurker morph bug. The hydralisk model now properly disappears when transformed into an egg, instead of staying there while the egg also spawns.
- Referee's energy regeneration at 0.5/sec. instead of 2.0/sec. fixed
- (Editor) Created independent actor units for unique SCMR Brood War units such as Shuttle, Valkyrie and Devourer. This change now reverts unused Starcraft 2 units, such as Warp Prism, Viking, and Corruptor, to their original form. This change will help with other custom campaigns that use the SCMR mod and you may want to continue using these SC2 units.
- If you lose a mission, you will now be taken to the classic Brood War "Defeat!" Screen. From here you can restart the mission, finish it or load a saved game.
- Informational portraits without speaking mouth animations will now correctly move their heads to indicate that they are speaking instead of standing still.
- Artani's informational portrait and broadcasts when you are not in your browser will use your LOTV version. When Artanis is in his Scout, he uses the WOL version of him. (His WOL portrait of him reflects different armor worn while piloting ships, while LOTV is more autonomous.)
SCMR Campaign Launcher
- Campaign images have been updated to use the new high-quality SCMR versions.
- Added a new SCMR premium version loading screen
- Added option to use new SCR interstitials for pre-briefing story text (checked for enabled, unchecked for original black screen/text. Default is enabled)
- Two deprecated optional features have been removed: Cinematic Notes (They are no longer needed because the original cinematic is available. Choose the classic FMV versions or the older but still amazing SCMR versions in the game) and Briefing Objective Delay ( Simple, no more implemented)
- Added three new "Sound" checkboxes to the game. These are buildings, weapons, and abilities under a heading called Classic Sounds. Each option allows the player to convert all sounds to their classic Starcraft versions or leave the default Starcraft 2 versions. By default, all three are enabled.
- Added weather effects that can be activated for missions if desired. The default is disabled.
- Added custom faction affiliation templates to various units, buildings, and/or portraits. The full list of possible faction changes and in which episode they can occur are:
- Terrans of the Confederacy (Ep 1-2)
- UED-Terraner (Ep 4-6)
- Supermind Cerebrate Zerg (Ep 2-3)
- Renegade Cerebrate Zerg (Folge 2,4-6)
- The Protoss Conclave (Ep 3-4)
- Nerazim Shakuras Protoss (Ep 4-6)
- Other "standard" factions do not have unique models including: Dominion, Raynor's Raiders, Kerrigan's Zerg, Tassadar's Expedition Force.
- Updated/fixed some missing options/bugs in the audio switching feature for unit voiceovers. Missing voiceover exchanges were not applied to some of the selected options. Also added "Infested Terran" and "Cerebrate" to the audio swap list, causing Infested Terrans to keep their SC2 versions when not selected, and the Zerg Advisor to default to the Infested Queen's voice unless has been selected for Cerebrate. By default, all of these voices are enabled for you to use. Also fixed various devices having issues switching between SC2 and BW sounds when triggered.
- Added a new "model" change function similar to the audio change function where a user can select which SC1 type model they want to use for units/buildings/characters. Only a handful of the highest quality found will be selected. There is a "U" for Modified Unit, or "P" for Modified Portrait, or both. By default, they are all disabled in the launcher unless selected to use. Play with all of them to find out which ones you like! The full list of possibilities are:
- 1 Assistant (High Format)
- 2 mengsk (portrait)
- 3 Raynor (Unit/Portrait)
- 4 Army (unit)
- 5 Fire Bat (Unit/Portrait)
- 6 doctors (unit)
- 7 Spirit (Unity)
- 8 siege tanks (unit/portrait)
- 9 Goliath (unit)
- 10 Science Ship (portrait)
- 11 battlecruisers (unit/portrait)
- 12 SCV (Unit/Portrait)
- 13 different buildings (barracks, bunker, academy, missile tower, spaceport, armory, engine room)
- 1 Overmind (Portrait)
- 2 drones (unit/portrait)
- 3 Kerrigan (Unit/Portrait)
- 4 Corruptors (Portrait)
- 5 mutalisks (unit)
- 6 Guardian/Guardian Egg (unit)
- 7 Devourer (unit)
- 8Hill of Desecration (unit)
- 9 Nydus Channel (Unit)
- 10 Queen's Nest (unit)
- 11 Ultralisk Lair (Unit)
- 12 colonies (sunken/spores) (unit)
- 13 Cerebrate/Daggoth/Zasz (Unity/Portrait)
- 1 probe (unit/portrait)
- 2 dragons (unit/portrait)
- 3 High Templars (Portrait)
- 4 Crosses (Hoch format)
- 5 Artanis (portrait)
- 6 referees (portrait)
- 7 Adun Citadel (Unit)
- 8 robotic system (unit)
- 9 Stargate (Unit)
- 10 blacksmiths (unit)
- 11 Photon Cannon (unit)
- Battery of 12 shields (unit)
- 13 transporters (unit)
- The "Additional Hero Appearances" option in the Evolution Pit section allows players to choose whether or not heroes should be playable in missions where they would not otherwise appear. In some missions, this activation will also spawn a never-before-playable hero. Be careful though - activating this will add the bonus goal of keeping the extra hero alive for the entire mission!
- The overall tint/fog color of the canonical version of the New Gettysburg cityscape has been slightly tweaked to more closely match how we see the event in the Wings of Liberty flashback. (slightly lighter/desert)
- Added a special FMV on victory. This is the movie that dictates these events of Starcraft 2. This activates ONLY on Terran9b on victory. Terran9a remains unchanged from his win.
- Added a firing animation to the Ion Cannon on Terran10. It has absolutely no offensive abilities towards you and is purely cosmetic to show off the ion cannon firing at fleeing Tarsonian ships.
- Added a small cosmetic change to improve the story near the final bonfire. When you take the puppet to the bonfire, a Zerg transport tentacle will enter your area and the drone with the puppet will come aboard. Then Daggoth will make the comment of him to prepare for the prices of war. That makes a bit more coherent sense that you need to board an actual Zerg transport capable of tearing up space than just launching a drone from the middle of a space platform!
When "Extra Hero Skins" is activated, the additional objective of burning Raynor along with the standard Tassadar and 2 Zealots is attached. Also, the Infested Kerrigan will spawn and attack you if you are near the signal entrance. It cannot be killed and will burrow when weakened. Some custom dialogs have been added to this scenario.
With Extra Hero Appearances activated, a new surprise awaits you just before you attempt to open the final gate to Zeratul. You must defeat the Infested Kerrigan again. Like Protoss05, she cannot be killed, but retreats when she is weakened. A custom dialog has been added to this scenario.